- Have your battery and charging system checked for performance. Cold, winter weather is much harsher on batteries.
- Ensure heaters, defrosters and windscreen wipers are working properly. Winter wiper blades can help as can special cold weather washer fluid. Wiper blades can wear out after six months - especially over winter..
- Flush and clean the cooling system and add fresh antifreeze every two years.
- Check the tyre tread depth and pressure - during winter, pressure should be checked weekly.
- Change the oil and filter at recommended intervals. Dirty oil can cause trouble in winter. Ask your technician to check the fuel, air and transmission filters at the same time.
- Have your brakes checked. The braking system is your vehicle’s most important safety item.
- If you’re due for a tune-up, have it done before winter sets in. Winter magnifies existing problems such as pings, hard starts, sluggish performance or rough idling.
- Have your exhaust checked for carbon monoxide leaks. This can be especially dangerous during cold,winter weather driving when windows are closed.
- Ensure that exterior and interior lights work and headlights are properly aimed. Carry spare bulbs and ensure that you know how to fit them.
Open Monday to Friday 8.30am - 6.00pm
Closed bank holidays
During busy times we advise that you contact us before visiting.
Competence and Training
Our experience, technical expertise and know-how is unrivalled in the Devizes and wider Wiltshire area.
Arrange a Service
To take advantage of the best car servicing in the area, contact us to arrange a service or discuss your requirements.